The skin, in addition to protecting us, also sends alerts of possible health problems, so if we pay attention to the signals of our skin, we can find out that some of our organs are not working correctly, and, therefore, we can detect certain diseases at weather. We tell you what signs reveal disorders in our health.
Signs of the skin that warn of health problems
The skin is about 2m 2 in size and is the largest organ we have. It covers our body, protects it from bacteria, acts as a barrier against environmental aggressions and reflects diseases, through symptoms such as itching, spots, hives, wounds, etc.
These are the signs on the skin that we must be aware of because they can alert us to a health problem.
Constant itching all over the body
Continued itching, without a trace of any visible rash, can alert you to:
· Chronic kidney disease: When the kidney does not work well, its filter function is impaired, which contributes to the appearance of itching, headache, general tiredness or presence of foam in the urine.
· Thyroid: it is one of the symptoms when this gland is altered, either because it works more than necessary (hyperthyroidism) or because it goes at a slow pace (hypothyroidism).
· Anemia, due to lack of iron.
· Dryness of the skin (xerosis).
· Decreased or interrupted bile flow (cholestasis).
Stains of this color could be indicative of:
· Inflammation of the blood vessels (vasculitis): causes the vessels to weaken and make it harder for the blood to pass through them. This favors the appearance of bright red spots, especially on the legs.
· Diabetes: when blood sugar levels are very high, the blood capillaries weaken and these spots appear, usually also on the legs.
· Liver cirrhosis.
Hives in a certain area
Hives on the skin can indicate some type of allergy (to pollen, certain foods, mites, etc.) or an insect bite. But they can also be caused by:
· The celiaquia.
· An infection, such as mononucleosis or Covid-19. According to the Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, these skin manifestations are very varied: from eruptions mainly on the trunk, urticarial, vesicular eruptions similar to chicken pox, purpura ... etc.
Small spots under the skin