If you feel like your memory is not what it used to be, this may be due to lack of sleep or other reasons such as genetics, level of physical activity and lifestyle and environmental factors. However, there is no question that diet plays an important role in brain health and memory function.
A proper menu helps improve memory and brain function, which encourages good blood flow to the brain. Thinking about it, here are some of the main types of foods that will help improve your memory and intellectual performance:
Eating vegetables, especially cruciferous ones like broccoli, cabbage, and dark leafy greens, can help improve memory
Try a kale salad or substitute at least one meal a day for a plate with a good number of these vegetables. Stir-fry broccoli is also a great option for lunch or dinner.
Berries and cherries
Berries, especially dark ones like blackberries, blueberries, and cherries, are a rich source of anthocyanins and other flavonoids that can boost memory function. Ideally, have a handful of berries for a snack, mixed with cereal, or baked into an antioxidant-rich dessert. You can get these benefits from fresh, frozen, or dried berries and cherries.
Eat foods with Omega 3
Essential for good brain health, omega-3 fatty acids, docosahexaenoic acid, or DHA, in particular, can help improve memory in healthy young adults.
Seafood, seaweed, and fatty fish, including salmon, bluefin tuna, sardines, and herring, are some of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Also substitute fish for meat a couple of times a week for a healthy dose. Grill, bake or cook fish for the best flavor and nutrition.
Try salmon tacos with red coleslaw, have sardine sandwiches, or make a plate of tuna salad for dinner. If you don't eat fish, see your doctor or nutritionist for the recommended dose of this nutrient. You can get omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil, seaweed, or microalgae supplements.
Well known for a positive impact on heart health, nuts and dried fruits in general can also improve cognitive function and intellectual performance. Eat a handful of nuts to satisfy your midday hunger, add them to oatmeal or a salad; Or toss them into a vegetable stir fry for extra protein.
These foods are not only good for the brain, but they also help maintain a healthy heart. Do not forget to include them in your diet to improve your memory and your health, in general.
Cholesterol is a natural substance made by the body. Most of the cholesterol in our bloodstream (75%) is produced by the liver, and the remaining 25% comes from the foods we eat. We all know that elevated blood cholesterol levels are not good for your health, but the right levels of cholesterol actually play a vital role in maintaining cell membranes and synthesizing hormones.